"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Saturday, June 04, 2005

It's not that hard.

Really. It isn't. Two extra steps to put those socks into the hamper instead of on the floor. One extra minute to call home & say you're going to be late. The effort to put the toilet seat back down doesn't exactly strain one's back. I'd love to have more than a 5 minute warning that he's got someone coming over who will actually be forced to see the mess that is my house today. Speaking of the house, why is my bathroom sink covered in hair from him shaving again? Turn the faucet on & rinse it down the drain. It adds all of 15 seconds to the whole routine.
But then, he did come home with a surprise for me. Chocolate this time. Yum. And he did take care of Elijah so that I could hop online to play. Come to think of it, I'm not totally sure that I remembered to tell him that I love him today. Sorry - have to run. I just realized I have somewhere more important to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, are we married to the same guy? LOL!