"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Friday, August 01, 2008

baby thoughts

Kirsten & I were talking about this baby, and were guessing what gender we thought it might be. We ended up talking about the personalities of all of my kiddos, and came up with a scary, funny & hopefully wrong conclusion. The gist of the conversation went something like this.

“Brandon was the outgoing boy who'd kiss strangers on the bus and go to anyone. He was so much fun when he was happy, but when he was sad he'd cry forever – it'd take me so long to console him & rock him to sleep. He was friendly to the point of being scary to his overprotective mama.” (It's funny how shy he is now.)

“Kirsten was the serious one who was choosy about who could look at her or hold her. She wasn't a smiley happy babe, but she hardly ever cried. Summing her baby personality up you'd say she was content and reserved.” (She's my artist/performer and isn't super-shy after all.)

“Little Vern was a happy little ball of sunshine. Always smiling and making people laugh, he was and always will be my little goofball.”

“Elijah is a cuddly, emotional little one. He's all heart. He cries when he thinks anyone is mad at him, and is very protective of his family. He's the sweet, caring one.”

So, um we're a little worried that what we have left to work with is a monstrous little girl. We have all of the other bases covered. :p There's got to be more personality types out there, but the “oh no, we haven't had a bratty little monster yet - probably a girl then” thought was just a little scary. lol Boy or girl there's gotta be another little personality that'll fit in our quirky family. I already love this babe every bit as much as my other kiddos, and am so honestly curious about him/her. Hmmm... I'll take healthy. That's what really matters. :) This time next week we'll know whether it's a boy or girl.

Well happy Friday, happy August - happy weekend blog readers! :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sis, you have amazing kids!!! I would be thrilled if you had a chance to send me some new pictures of them... I am on a scrapbooking kick right now!!! I hope you have a wonderful BIRTHDAY weekend.... Love you lots sis! xoxoxoxo