"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Thursday, April 24, 2008

3 models later :)

You can't shoot a wedding without backup equipment. You just can't. And honestly, my 10D that has served me well since 2003 needed to be the backup camera body for Lauren's wedding.
It's hard to believe that I haven't upgraded my camera in 5 years, but I've got to say I'm grateful that I've never had any problems with it. I've had a couple of scary error moments - but mostly it's been awesome and worked perfectly.
You can see where I'm going with this, right? Yeah - I'm so excited to be getting a new camera! Having missed the 20D & 30D along the way, a 40D will be a nice upgrade. Three models later and hopefully every bit as awesome as my 10D has been. And then some.
I see a lot of playing in my future, getting to know my new baby. Have to be familiar with the new camera & its quirks before actual shooting begins. Just have to get it here. I seriously can't wait! :)
I wanted to find a pic of me with my camera, and what came to mind was this shot that Erica sent me that someone took of Vern & I in action on her wedding day in 2004.lol I'm all covered in equipment - camera bag on hand and reflectors & stuff hanging from belt loops. Ah, good times. :)

I'm sure there will be a sister entry to this one when I actually have my 40D in hand. And of course there will be pictures! lol It'll be nice to feel like we have the equipment once again to really do some things. Thank you Lauren for wanting me to do your wedding pictures, since that's what turned the equipment upgrade into a necessity. :)

4 comments:

Erica said...

Hey April if you want to borrow my 40d you totally could. I don't use it as much as I should and it would be awesome to see what you could do with it.

Carin said...

wooo April I am green!!!

Helena said...

Woo hoo! That's very cool. I got to borrow a 40D recently. The screen on the back is so huge!

Freer Family said...

Ooooh, lucky girl! Have fun with that.