"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Saturday, April 19, 2008

good times

First of all, can you say dork? Dork! There. Thank you. I just read over my last entry and holy cow, I so am one. lol Should have called that one How many times can April say “happy” in one blog entry? Well yeah, obviously enough times to remind people of said dorkiness. :p
I must admit, it felt sooo good to not be sick, sad or taking care of anyone who was sick or sad. :p I must have desperately needed a friend last week, because the instant one stepped up and acted like they cared just a little bit I felt so much better. (You really never know what a simple kind word can do for another person. Seriously. Just an honest "Missed you. Hope you're doing okay" can be huge.) I think that even though I’m over yesterday’s sunshine, flowers & happiness state of giddiness I should be at least in a better frame of mind. :)

Anyway, sorry for the tangent. Remind me not to read previous entries & comment on ‘em if I wanna get to the actual point of a new entry quick. :p

Sooo... awhile ago there was a funny conversation on vent where Vern & a few other people were describing themselves physically. Vern was joking about his love of suspenders & the lack of butt that led to his initial infatuation with ‘em. Apparently I didn’t have any pics on here to show what Vern looked like back when he was way too skinny for his own good to back up the suspenders story. Well, I came across these pics of us. Wow. Just ...wow.See - he really was a skinny thing. He misses having a size 29 waist, but I think his face has filled out nicely over the last 10 years. :) (In the pic where it looks like we're standing up I'm not sure why we look so close in height. He's just over 6ft & I'm all of 5'3-ish :p) I’ll find a recent pic of Vern if I can. I just smiled when I saw these – it was a good times moment x2. Remembering that conversation and Vern describing himself, and seeing these pics was just awesome. (I do wish it wasn't such a crap-a-licious old scan, but oh well - serves the purpose. ) We’ve changed just a little, huh. :)Ok, this pic was of Vern sitting in the navigator at the park last weekend. He was reading while I chased K & LV all over trying to convince them they were done playing. I’m glad I grabbed this - it’s a typical shot of Vern these days. :) I can even almost guarantee he was wearing suspenders that day - for different reasons, but yeah. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suspenders huh. I think my grandpa used to wear those. Look at that tan on you too. Cute cute pics.