"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Monday, April 28, 2008

so sleepy

I'm a sleepy girl tonight, but I finally downloaded all of the new software & drivers and thought I'd share a new shot or 2 before bed. Been playing with the parameters for color, contrast etc. and figuring out what level of sharpening I'll be generally using so I can make my actions for batch processing etc. I never use any sort of in-camera sharpening, so I need to figure out what's gonna work for my post-processing workflow. My 10d had about a 1/3 stop underexposure that I consistently compensated for. Things like that have me trying to figure out the quirks for this camera. The color seems different, but there are more settings so I just need to play enough to figure out which settings and parameters I like for different subjects. It's kinda wierd going from shooting with a camera that I've had for long enough to know intuitively what worked to starting anew. I'm having fun though. :) I played with the new RAW software too - it's much better than what I had going on. (Some day I'll have PSCS with RAW capability built in. :p Gogo me and my PS 7. lol)

Anyway, enough camera-type talk. That's just what I've been all absorbed in. I purposely signed up for every raid my guild has going on this week so that I'd be some sort of social, and plan on spending time outside with Ej on nice days like today. :)

Oh for you praying types out there - if you'd consider putting a shout out for Vern. He came home feeling cruddy & asking questions about maintaining blood sugar levels. I guess he'd had some sort of rough day & attributed at least part of it to his blood sugars. Apparantly he had significantly low levels at a physical he'd had at work awhile ago. He got around to telling me about it today when he wanted info after his rough day. :p Yeah, he doesn't really talk to me much about a lot of things. Anyway, for a guy who lives on coke and dr. pepper who eats sporatically (and almost never eats breakfast) he's got some changes he should be making. I gave him some info & left him alone while he pretty much slept the night away. I'll talk to him tomorrow when he's hopefully feeling better and maybe get some info out of him. :p Meanwhile, like I said - prayers, good thoughts or whatever would be appreciated. :)

Time for this sleepyhead to find her pillow. Nighty-night blog readers. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elijah is adorable and I just finished saying how pretty Kirsten is. I'm glad you got everything set up so you can share new pictures.

Anonymous said...

I hope Vern is feeling better. I love that picture of Elijah. Does he bring you bouquets of dandelions?

April said...

lol Yes, Ej has been bringing me bouquets of dandelions. He's my sweetie. And hey, my lawn's looking better. :)