"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Delayed Reaction

Sometimes I'm so slow. Erin tagged me with this 2 weeks ago. Sorry Erin! I had thought this one looked like fun when it went around. Now I'm less sure. lol I will be holding my breath in case anyone actually reads it.

The rules for this particular tagging are as follows: Remove the blog name in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add yourself to the bottom slot.
April
Holly
Kristi
Erin
April P.

Then you get to select five people to pass the love on to.
I can only think of 2 people I know for sure who haven't answered this yet. But if you read this and you haven't, you're tagged too!
1. Robin
2. Julie
3. you
4. him
5. her


Here are the questions.
What were you doing 10 years ago?
February 1996. That was when I met Vern!
It was a tough year for me. Boy trouble. Lots of it. A single mom, I lived at the gym, hung out with Vivian, and was dealing with the aforementioned boy trouble. (7 boys. Some of whom I was trying to avoid, one that I was trying to get over and one I could have had sent to jail.) I was confused & not having fun. Being kissed by 3 guys in one day was a little traumatizing. :p There's only one who's name I can't remember. I think of him as the Elvis guy. Met him at a stake dance & he wouldn't stop calling. He sang me Elvis songs. Weirdo.
My saving grace through that time was that I had amazing friends. Vivian, Wil & Vern.
Anyhow, on a night that I should have called the police it was Vivian & Vern that helped me through it. He was like my knight in shining armor and absolutely the opposite of every other guy. (Physically fending off the others & wondering why Vern wouldn't even sit next to me at the dinner table. lol) When he got transferred to a different area before leaving Toronto, what he wrote as parting words sums up that period perfectly. He wrote "Don't let any dumb guys do any stupid stuff." Profound, huh. My sweetie. He came back to Utah in May, came back for us in August, we were married in October.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
Last February - I was eight months pregnant with Elijah and oh so sick. I kept losing weight at the end because of the gest. diabetes. It was a little scary. I was playing WoW, having lots of baths & trying to deal with back pains. That was my most difficult pregnancy.

Five snacks you enjoy (in no particular order, as all snacks are created equal):
Black licorice (Bassetts Allsorts or Good 'n Plenty)
Yogurt blasted Cheerios
Chocolate covered pretzels
Junior Mints
Wheat thins

Five songs to which you KNOW all the lyrics:
(I learn lyrics quickly and sing along to almost everything, all the time. Just ask Vern. But these are the first five to come to mind...)
Somebody - Depeche Mode
Welcome to My Life - Simple Plan
Pinch Me - BNL
Hotel California - the Eagles
Sweet Child of Mine - Guns n Roses

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
Have zero debt
Become an American citizen
Take my kids to Disneyland
Get Vern regisetered for school.
Go somewhere like Hawaii, relax, tan & swim. Ahhhhhh...

Five bad habits:
Snacking at my computer.
Staying up way too late.
Swearing. Working on it. Really not proud of this one.
Losing touch with people I care about.
Junk food.

Five things you like doing:
photography
walking
working up a good sweat at the gym
reading
snuggling, cuddling, holding loved ones close.

Five things you would never wear, buy, or get again:
um, legwarmers?
biker shorts
tube tops lol
flourescent clothing of any kind.
mini skirts that get thank you's from boys at school. (My most embarrassing story, trust me.)

Five favorite toys:
1. my camera
2. photoshop
3. teamspeak
4. my computer
5. my step

First time you drove a car:
I scared Keith to death in his red mustang. lol

First time you scrapbooked:
When Wendy bought me a buttload of supplies for my first anniversary. It was geared for my wedding album, but I did Kirsten's baby album first. Whew.

First time you got on a plane:
Big plane? Vivian bought me airfare for my birthday to come here for a week in July '96 & meet Vern's family and spend actual time with him. (I've said before, our courtship was pretty much long-distance phone calls.) It was the most generous and amazing gift.
Small plane? When I was a kid my mom dated Roy, who had a little 3 seater plane. We flew all of the time to secluded lakes and such all over Northern Ontario. Such good memories.

First time you shaved your legs:
I have no idea. I'm not very hairy, but have shaved for as long as I can remember. Must not have been monumental.

First time you put on make up:
Junior High. That white-pink lipstick was in & lots of eyeliner. Just like this:
Image hosting by Photobucket
First time you moved out of your home:
I signed the lease for my first basement apartment when I was 16. I went home when I had Brandon just after I turned 19, and again when he was 1 and Keith & I broke up mostly for good.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I should have mine posted today or tomorrow. Go check out the trivia on mine...I almost didn't post it, but I think my mind was not where it should have been. haha. You gotta do yours though :).

Talk to you later!