"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Lessons learned.

It's so much fun to play with my kiddos on the floor. Elijah giggles like crazy when mommy crawls after him.
I'm not sure he knew what to make of it when out of the blue I stopped pursuit, made a funky garbled "aaaggh" sound and rolled onto my back clutching my left knee while fighting back tears.
I had swung my leg around, stubbing my knee on one of my 15 lb. weights. It's throbbing and turning a nice shade of purple.

Some important life lessons learned here:

1. Clean up after yourself! I should've put my weights away last night.
2. A stubbed knee hurts like a bugger. Worse by far than a stubbed toe. Trust me.
3. Laying on your back in the middle of playing chase with youngsters is an open invitation for full on attack. I was sat upon, drooled upon, kissed, poked & tickled. I basically got to be a jungle gym for my little monkeys. (LV couldn't resist helping his baby brother out.)
I must admit, it helped get my mind off of my knee.


I'm off to find some sort of ice pack.
Have a great day!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Sounds like that was painful!! Hope you feel better soon!

Julie said...

Poor April!

Kiss and tickle them back!

:)

We will be on TS tonight promise.

Talk to you later. :)

Amy B. said...

owie! yes, laying on the floor is an open invatation around these parts too. ;)

Anonymous said...

This is one of your best posts! I love it! OUCH, but sweet! Too fun! I do love your blog, April, though I don't comment much, I read it regularly! Your latest pix are AMAZING!! Keep up the good work!

Sophia