"If we cannot live so as to be happy, let us at least live so as to deserve it."
~Immanuel Hermann Fichte

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Not fishing, silly searches & my vote.

Just sharing some random thoughts. I sat down at my computer wondering what I should blog about & these things came to mind.

So last night in the van on the way home from Vern's parents' house this guy on the radio said something negative about his wife. The sentence went something like "I married a _____ type of woman."

This is the conversation that ensued.

Me: "So, Vern, what kind of woman did you marry?"
Vern: "Ha. No way am I going to answer a question like that."
Me: "What? I just wondered what you'd say. That's all."
Vern: "You're fishing. We're not going fishing. I'm not going fishing. I have nothing negative to say here."
Me: "It doesn't have to be negative. Just 'cause that guy's comment was negative doesn't mean yours has to be."
Vern: "Hmmm... Okay."
He thinks for a few seconds, then smiles, and laughs.
Me: "What? You had a thought. Share it. Pleeease"
Vern glances at the kids & says "I'll tell you later."
Me: "Is it a response to the question?"
Vern: "Yeah."
I'm sitting there, wondering what on earth his response could be that he a. laughed and b. wouldn't tell me in front of the kids. I still don't know. He hasn't told me yet. Anyhow, we continue...
Vern: "What kind of woman did I marry. Let's see... She's headstrong but doesn't always know what she wants."
Me: "Agreed. I have no idea what I want most of the time. See, that wasn't so hard." Still silently wondering what the first response was that made him laugh.

I have a smart husband. He's such a tease, but I suppose he's a smart one.

When I asked him later what the thought was he said "I had just been thinking you were going to ask me and I honestly am blanking. It'll come. I'll tell you as soon as I remember." I'm still waiting. I guess I should be glad he played at all.

Any guesses though? lol I'm lost and way too curious.

Oh, and be careful what you search for on the internet - you may accidentally stumble across my blog. lol What kinds of search terms will get you here? You never know. According to my web counter it could be just about anything. Here's the list of recent search terms:

carolina chowder Elijah's (MSN)
my-yummy-lunch (Google)
Kristi daycare (MSN)
flat-out silly (MSN)
kirsten's room (Google)
April Petersen (Google)
cupid's mix m&ms photos (Google)
Friday night boredom (MSN)
Stake Dance (MSN)

Well, the person searching for my name may have actually found me on purpose. I'm not so sure about the others.

At least I found a use for my web counter. lol

Oh, and today's lovin' goes to American Idol. I'm lovin' this season so far! I'm totally rooting for Taylor Hicks. I'm liking some others too (Chris Daughtry! Ace Young!) but if I were to call in a vote at this point it'd go to Taylor. I just like him.

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Usually when Brad thinks of something like that and won't tell me in front of the kids, well, it means.....umm...well you can guess what it means. ROFLOL

Anonymous said...

Those have got to be my 3 favorite AI guys too! That Taylor is somethin' else! I really like him! And Ace...if I were younger,skinnier,prettier, unmarried, childless...hmmm, the possibilities! LOL! I did like the playback of Will Makar last night too! Good season!